One question I get asked a lot is why rent a tent? Well there are a number of reasons you may consider renting a tent for your venue or event.
- they provide shade, especially in the hot summer months providing protection from the sun and a cool place for guests.
- they can add seats to your establishment you don’t already have, especially to an outdoor patio
- They provide weather proof dining, letting you hold a dinner or lunch without the risk of being rained out
- Gives you the ability to host private events.
- Great for covid expansion providing additional space for social distancing.
- Each seat in your establishment earns roughly $40 per hour (or should) by adding 40 or 50 additional seats you can realize an extra $2000 an hour of revenue. If you are open 5 hours that are busy that’s $10,000 additional revenue
For many business owners with an outdoor patio or venue an event tent is almost a necessity. Event tents provide flexible and elegant outdoor shelter that can be put up, expanded, and taken down as requirements need. A tent can also be taken down for the season so you can take advantage of busy times while saving costs during the winter.
For longer term venues many business owners will also consider purchasing a dedicated tent. There are many things you need to consider when you are deciding between purchasing or renting a tent. While it may seem more economical to purchase your tent outright and avoid the ongoing costs, there are a number of hidden costs that you may not be aware of. In this article I will go over some of the benefits to renting vs ownership, and some of the things you should look out for if you are considering purchasing your own tent.
When you rent a tent from Muskoka event services your total costs are only about $50 per day, that is way cheaper then most places you can rent! In addition, when you rent from Muskoka Event Services we take care of setting your tent up and breaking it back down letting you focus on your guests! We also cover the insurance, cleaning and repairs.
If you purchase, you are liable for anything that happens to the tent and if a bad storm collapses it you
have to buy a new one, as there is no warranty for weather.
You will have to figure out how to install take down clean and store the tent.
As well you have a major capital hit, a strong frame tent starts at $15 per square foot to purchase.
Where as renting, can be paid, over longer terms, with no ownership hassles.
Other things you should know
When you install your tent, you will need to purchase or rent special equipment for the job. If you do choose to purchase this equipment you will have to consider the maintenance and storage for it as well. Installing large tents is also not as standard as your camping tent, if it is done incorrectly it can be very dangerous to you, your guests, or anyone around you.
Another aspect to tent ownership is cleaning. Your tent will need to be cleaned each time you take it down. Vinyl tents require a specialty cleaner and washer. The final is very fragile and if you pressure wash it, or use hard chemicals it can rip or discolour forcing it to be discarded.
We are always happy to help you with any questions you might have about renting a tent! Contact Us today and see how we can help you make your next event a success!